- You can plug up to 12 boom or wireless mics into it and record them. - You can send audio to 3 cameras at the same time and 6 other devices if needed. - It has a special feature for unscripted dialogue and mixes the microphones into one track. - It records every microphone separately so in editing you have more control. - It records to an SD and CF card for a double backup. - It can record 1 media (SD card as an example) as MP3 for instant transcription uses. - It has 6 seconds of pre roll and turns on ready to record in 2 seconds, great for documentary. - Records 192kHz which means you can record slow motion at 100fps and preserve all frequencies.
As a Sound Recordist, having the most flexible gear in the industry is very important for a variety of productions and projects I work on in London and around the world.
For Indoors I use the Schoeps CMC5u + MK41 Hypercardioid Boom Mic:
- Equal frequency response means you don't get that harsh drop off when actors go "off mic" - Gives beautiful deep and rich tonal quality (see any showreel pieces for the effects) - Wider pattern than the SuperCMIT for easier booming of multiple people, even unscripted. - Both the SuperCMIT and the MK41 are made by Schoeps for tonal quality and better matching in the edit and sound mix stages.
This is one of all Sound Recordists favourite microphones and used on everything from Downton Abbey to Marvel Movie Franchise The Avengers.
Schoeps SuperCMIT 2 u Shotgun Microphone benefits:
- The sound in converted into binary (01011010) which means no loss of quality through cables. - It has a standard tight shotgun pattern for quiet conditions. - It simultaneously sends a Super version of the normal shotgun that has an algorithm to suppress even more background noise in louder conditions like traffic. - It has the option for a 3rd setting to pick up dialogue in the loudest places where intelligibility is more important than 100% pure tonal quality. Great for Documentaries. - Along with all the settings mentioned so far it also has a setting for increasing dialogue intelligibility and further reducing low rumble of traffic or wind.
This Microphone is a dream for any Sound Recordist giving essentially dialogue denoising on set, allowing to give you a good guess as too the post production results.
- Smaller size is sometimes better for tight costumes or hardly any costume at all. - It's Digital hybrid meaning the binary advantages again of no cable noise. - Hybrid because that means talent can be further away from me without loss of signal. - Brilliant limiters for those unscripted shouting matches. (Think Jerry Springer) - Splashproof for shooting out in mild rain. - Still great battery life of 3-4 hours.
- It's Digital hybrid meaning the binary advantages again of no cable noise. - Hybrid because that means talent can be further away from me without loss of signal. - Brilliant limiters for those unscripted shouting matches. (Think Jerry Springer) - Splashproof for shooting out in mild rain.
- This mic is super reliable in everything from downpours and sand storms, extreme heat and cold. - Allows me to have a second boom on bigger productions or a very useful plant microphone to better capture talent.
- Directors watch the monitor to see the visual result before the grade and editing. You should be doing the same with sound, without wires. - Allows better performance direction. - Understand problems that may come up in post. - Hear missed lines and intelligibility